Local SEO works better when you have cannabis ecommerce combined for local product, brand and strain searches. Up until 2023, cannabis companies were crippled with their options for online store options. We are finally offering cannabis ecommerce to our stack of services after launching Bud Plug.
Yes, we do have extensive experience helping hemp and kratom companies with their ecommerce. Hemp and other non 280E plant medicine businesses are allowed to operate online and ship to a good majority of the US.
We will only offer cannabis ecom services to Bud Plug customers, since we built it and we know it works. Keep reading to find out more.
The Problem with Most Cannabis Ecommerce Solutions
Up until recently, we did not focus on cannabis ecommerce. The reason was simply this:
- Iframes are trash and do nothing to help SEO. Yes we know they are the most popular and for some reason they are the most highly recommended platforms out there, but if you ask anyone who does SEO or runs an agency they will agree.
- The most popular POS platforms are pretty much iFrame only, unless you pay $2000+ a month for an API connection through their preferred marketing agency partners.
- Doing manual daily inventory updates on a website menu is way too time consuming of a task for an SEO and while we tried it a few times, it was a nightmare getting product info and images from dispensaries.
- 3rd Party providers are usually a pain to work with and don’t want to share their data.
- You have to pay extra for advanced reporting.
- Basic versions usually come with a GIANT AD for your menu platform on your website way above any of your products. This happens both when you iFrame or embed their menu, or even when you link to your menu on their site.
The Best Solution for Cannabis ECommerce for Dispensaries
We helped build Bud Plug (and all of the Bud Plug Plugins) to fully integrate with WooCommerce and WordPress for a real ecommerce experience. This allows for an online menu that is hosted on your website, that is fully connected to your seed to sale tracking platform mandated by your state.
Bug Plug Cannabis Ecommerce Plugins:
- Allows for real time inventory sales tracking and reporting.
This means that you don’t have to dedicate a team to constantly updating your menu’s on your website, your online menu and across other 3rd party platforms.
If you have been working in cannabis for a while you should already be aware that specific categories and product types don’t always work on WeedMaps or Leafly when you try to connect through an API.
- Allows you to own your website and your online store.
- Allows you the option for unlimited registers and POS tablets.
- Allows for customer loyalty and rewards, programmable promotions, coupons and much more.
- Has the ability to add delivery drivers, cashless payments, mobile product manager app, custom mobile apps, and self checkout kiosks.
Build your Ecommerce store for the best User Experience
In the fiercely competitive world of e-commerce, delivering an outstanding user experience (UX) is essential for the success of your online store. Here are a few key user experience options that can enhance your e-commerce platform, ensuring a smooth and delightful journey for your customers on your dispensary website.
Responsive Design for Cross-Device Compatibility: Investing in responsive design is crucial to cater to users across various devices. Ensuring that your website is optimized for seamless viewing and interaction on desktops, tablets, and smartphones is fundamental for a positive user experience.
Intuitive Navigation and User-Friendly Interface: Create an intuitive and user-friendly interface by adhering to established usability heuristics. Clear navigation, easily understandable menus, and logical information architecture contribute to a more enjoyable and efficient user experience.
Personalization and User Account Features: Enhance user engagement by incorporating personalization features. Tailor the user experience based on individual preferences, and consider implementing user accounts for a more personalized and streamlined interaction.
Seamless Checkout Process: Optimize the checkout process to be as straightforward as possible. Minimize the number of steps, offer guest checkout options, and provide clear information on shipping costs and delivery times to reduce cart abandonment rates.
High-Quality Product Imagery and Visual Appeal: Captivate your audience with high-quality product images. Visual appeal is a critical factor in influencing purchasing decisions. Showcase products from multiple angles and include zoom features to provide a detailed view.
Clear and Compelling Product Descriptions: Craft product descriptions that are clear, compelling, and informative. Clearly communicate the value proposition of each product, highlighting key features and benefits to assist customers in making informed decisions.
Fast Loading Speed: Prioritize fast loading speed to prevent user frustration. Slow-loading pages can result in increased bounce rates. Utilize tools to assess and optimize your website’s loading performance.
Implementing Search Functionality: Incorporate a robust search functionality to help users find products quickly. Include filters, sorting options, and predictive search capabilities to enhance the search experience.
Integration of Chatbots and Live Chat: Enhance customer support with chatbots and live chat features. Offering real-time assistance can address customer queries, provide product recommendations, and improve overall customer satisfaction.
Social Proof and Reviews: Leverage social proof through customer reviews and testimonials. Positive feedback and endorsements build trust and credibility, influencing potential buyers in their decision-making process.
Optimize for Mobile Shopping: Given the rise of mobile commerce, ensure your website is optimized for mobile users. Simplify navigation, streamline the checkout process, and prioritize mobile-friendly design to cater to users on the go.
Continuous Testing and Improvement: Embrace a culture of continuous testing and improvement. Implement A/B testing to analyze user behavior and preferences, allowing you to make data-driven decisions and refine your e-commerce user experience over time.
Point to Consider when it comes to Cannabis Ecommerce
By incorporating these user experience options, your cannabis e-commerce store can provide a more engaging, efficient, and enjoyable journey for customers. Stay proactive in assessing and optimizing your user experience to stay ahead in the ever-evolving landscape of online retail.
Let us help you rank your website. Contact us today.